Re: link() not increasing link count on NFS server

From: Adam McDougall <mcdouga9_at_egr.msu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:26:20 -0500
On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:45:49AM -0500, Adam McDougall wrote:

  On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 02:37:56PM +0000, Robert Watson wrote:

    OK, I've attached an initial patch that does this -- we still need to keep
    the lookup code for NFSv2, where the file handle of the new node isn't
    returned with the reply, but I drop the EEXIST handling cases.  Does this
    look reasonable to you?  I'm not set up to easily test this scenario,
    however.

    Robert N M Watson

  I should be able to test this patch (or a later version) this weekend.

Seems to work.  I ran the original test case for several minutes without
error for over 2000 iterations.  I only tested it on -stable by applying
the patch manually.  If it is required I test it verbatim on 7, let me
know and I will.  Thanks.