Re: Any successful installs on a Broadcom HT1000 chipset?

From: Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:41:11 -0800 (PST)

(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-November/079920.html)

> > There obviously are some cases were it does not,
> so its harder to
> > track down than just a case of spending $150.  If
> you do have such a
> > board that does not work, perhaps make the offer
> of sending the
> > problem board to a developer who is interested in
> fixing the issue.
> That would be an excelent idea :)
>
> As usual I'll try to get any ATA/SATA HW that shows
> up on my doorstep
> working, thats the deal.
> I dont have the means nor the motivation to spend my
> own hard earned $$
> on all kinds of HW to get someone out there free
> support, simple as that..
>
> That said, I do have a HT1000 based board around a
> supermicro H8SSL that
> is used as a busy local fileserver, needless to say
> it works flawlessly.
>
> So, to get this worked on and hopefully fixed, get
> me a failing board to
> work on here... private mail with address details
> etc can be had on
> request...
>
> -Søren

Is your busy file server running 7.0, and is it
running in SATA mode? The MBs we've tried are H8SSP-i
and an H8SSL-i, both with the same, unsuccessful
results: bad file reads, signals when trying to run
apps, crash-and-burn on buildworld wthin 5 seconds.

Something happened between 6.2 and 7.0, as we were
able to run 6.2 on these systems.

Barney