Re: Any successful installs on a Broadcom HT1000 chipset?

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:43:34 +0100
Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 07:26 AM 11/21/2007, Barney Cordoba wrote:
>> I've done a bit of research and it seems that this
>> chipset has been ignored for years now by the FreeBSD
>> team. Whats the reasoning for a major chipset used by
>
> I think you are jumping to conclusions.  I have a HT1000 chipset board
> and have been using it just fine for some time.
> (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-November/079920.html)
>
> There obviously are some cases were it does not, so its harder to
> track down than just a case of spending $150.  If you do have such a
> board that does not work, perhaps make the offer of sending the
> problem board to a developer who is interested in fixing the issue.
That would be an excelent idea :)

As usual I'll try to get any ATA/SATA HW that shows up on my doorstep
working, thats the deal.
I dont have the means nor the motivation to spend my own hard earned $$
on all kinds of HW to get someone out there free support, simple as that..

That said, I do have a HT1000 based board around a supermicro H8SSL that
is used as a busy local fileserver, needless to say it works flawlessly.

So, to get this worked on and hopefully fixed, get me a failing board to
work on here... private mail with address details etc can be had on
request...

-Søren