Re: Any successful installs on a Broadcom HT1000 chipset?

From: Travis Mikalson <bofh_at_terranova.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:37:37 -0500
Søren Schmidt wrote:
> Mike Tancsa wrote:
>> At 07:26 AM 11/21/2007, Barney Cordoba wrote:
>>> I've done a bit of research and it seems that this
>>> chipset has been ignored for years now by the FreeBSD
>>> team. Whats the reasoning for a major chipset used by
>>
>> I think you are jumping to conclusions.  I have a HT1000 chipset board
>> and have been using it just fine for some time.
>> (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-November/079920.html)
>>
>> There obviously are some cases were it does not, so its harder to
>> track down than just a case of spending $150.  If you do have such a
>> board that does not work, perhaps make the offer of sending the
>> problem board to a developer who is interested in fixing the issue.
> That would be an excelent idea :)
>
> As usual I'll try to get any ATA/SATA HW that shows up on my doorstep
> working, thats the deal.
> I dont have the means nor the motivation to spend my own hard earned $$
> on all kinds of HW to get someone out there free support, simple as that..
>
> That said, I do have a HT1000 based board around a supermicro H8SSL that
> is used as a busy local fileserver, needless to say it works flawlessly.
>
> So, to get this worked on and hopefully fixed, get me a failing board to
> work on here... private mail with address details etc can be had on
> request...
>
> -Søren

Søren,

Ok, I'm in for sending you some hardware so you can figure this out.
But, I'll need your advice on getting this hardware to you with us being
in different countries as well as your address and all that.

Please reply to me privately and take the rest of this conversation
off-list so we can figure it out.

Thanks!
-T
--
TerraNovaNet Internet Services - Key Largo, FL
Voice: (305)453-4011 x101   Fax: (305)451-5991