Re: Any successful installs on a Broadcom HT1000 chipset?

From: 'Kockac' Matej Kubik <matej.kubik_at_dial.sk>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:24:19 +0100
On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 08:43:17AM +0100, S?ren Schmidt wrote:
> Looks like a pattern, something outside of ATA also caused HW issues on
> some Promise controllers to appear in this period.
I'd say so too. In my case the cause seems to be clear - I'm running an
older version of 7-current for about 2 months (with frequent reboots)
and no sign of file corruption. (Newer versions are usually not able to
run at even /bin/sh on my system.) I'm able to pinpoint the exact patch
that causes these problems _for me_ - it's a VM patch (new physical
memory allocator) from June the 16th.
Unfortunately I can neither grant access to the machine for debugging nor
send in another board (I only have one) but I can provide debugging
information or test something...

By the way, I think it would be interesting to know if others do have
the problems even with older -current.

Matej Kubik