Re: GSoC2007: cnst-sensors.2007-09-13.patch

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:12:13 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:

> Thanks for testing!

Glad to help. In case it's interesting, I was doing the xorg update with
portmaster last night and I got several "PROCHOT asserted" messages on my
console at different times. I'm assuming that's expected behavior, just
curious if it's something bad, as in when that happens it's time to turn
off the laptop? (I didn't seem them when the happened, they were there
when I got back to check on the compiling.)

>> Two small comments about the rc.d stuff. First, the empty _flags variable
>> in defaults/rc.conf should be commented out. Second, the rc.d
>
> How so?  I don't see any other empty _flags variables in defaults/rc.conf
> being commented out.

Well you missed named_flags. :) But seriously, I didn't realize that
things had gotten quite so out of hand with that ... never mind then.

>> script needs the shutdown KEYWORD.
>
> Similarly, I don't see why this is needed -- it was not used by the scripts
> on which this script was based on

Which scripts? I realize that a distressingly large number of scripts that
start services don't have this keyword, but they should. I'll work on a
patch for that. At the same time, we don't want to add any new scripts
that make the same mistake.

> Reading through rc(8) doesn't seem to suggest that this keyword would
> actually be applicable here.

As far as I can tell, you're starting a daemon, which means that it should
be cleanly shut down when the system exits.

Doug