Re: SATA DVD-Drive

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:33:03 +0930
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Nathan Butcher wrote:
> I think somebody determined that there has been some regression here,
> because the JMicron controller works on FreeBSD 6.2 apparently.
> That counts as two SATA chipsets I've noticed regression in with
> 7.0-CURRENT (Jmicron and Promise SATA 150/300 TX4), which I really
> hope get fixed before 7.0-RELEASE.

Yes, I have a very similar motherboard, same JMicron controller, it
works in 6.2 but not in 7.

I haven't checked if "Remap memory" is set on my system though.. I will
check soon.

> I was having issues with Xorg 7.3 crashing and acting erratically on
> my motherboard as well, although I had no idea that the JMicron
> controller could have had anything to do with it.

I hadn't noticed any problem with video in 6.2 but I haven't used it
much (VESA only so it's slow)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum