Re: Unicode-based FreeBSD

From: Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:13:59 -0700
On Aug 25, 2008, at 6:21 AM, Alexander Churanov wrote:

> I'm just trying to be realistic and provide doable solution. I leave
> plans
> of rewriting every bit of software to others. And I even think that
> latter
> is not required, since syscons console is probably not heavily used
> now.

This is not true. FreeBSD is used in far more environments
than the typical desktop environment running X11. It is
therefore important to realize that you cannot claim that
there's always X11 to fall back upon when it comes to i18n
or that those cases are not significant or important enough
to consider.

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar