Re: No root filesystem

From: Pascal Hofstee <caelian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:32:23 +0200
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:51 PM, John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> So the reports I've seen of this all involve the Nvidia MCP55 ATA chipset, and
> only the ata controller loses its marbles (so to speak).  Christian ran a
> patch that tested each PCI config read and they always returned the same
> value from both methods.  I think that this may be a weird bug in the ata
> driver itself.  It might be helpful to add printfs to instrument the various
> nvidia-specific ATA routines in sys/dev/ata/ata_chipset.c to compare the old
> and new kernels.

I admit i am not exactly versed in kernel-level coding (though i do
have a solid understanding of C itself).
If perhaps you could give a couple of pointers to the kind of
additional debug output you're looking for i am willing to play around
with that to provide any additional information.

--
  Pascal Hofstee