Re: Packet corruption in re0 (and em0 too)

From: Christoph Schug <chris+freebsd-current_at_schug.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:36:42 +0100
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008, Raul wrote:

> The fastest method I found to reproduce the problem is receive a
> compresed tar (with good compression ratio) over the network (using nc,
> 100 Mbps fdx), pipe through tar that decompress and write it on disk (a
> lot of MB/s and tps looking at 'systat -vm'). The source tar file is
> about 5Gb and link always fails before EOF :|.

I've just synced again against RELENG_7 and copied the drivers mentioned
in this thread (thanks BTW!):

http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/7.0R/if_re.c
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/7.0R/if_rlreg.h

Up to now, no problems, but I certainly need more uptime to be sure.
Maybe I can tell more later that day.

-cs