Re: Hang while booting today's -CURRENT (ATA related?)

From: Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:49:57 +0100
On Saturday 31 May 2008 23:06:40 Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

Søren could this be the same kind of issue I have been seeing with the "load data" error - This machine is a dell as well and
hosts 2 SATA CD drives as well.

FYI - In regards to the "load data error" - I tryed to revert all changes apart from the ata changes to 2008/04/10 in order
to eliminate any potential other error e.g. From the other changes in the kernel and I still get a "load data Error"

I have tested the following

	1) Change the File system to UFS2 in order to eliminate ZFS introduced errors - no change
	2) Compile the entrie system as to CURRENT but using the ata sources from 2008/04/10 - everything works
	3) Compile the entire system as of 2008/04/10 adding the ata changes seperately - load data error (Disk are random - it seems) -
		bus_dmamap_load seems to return ENOMEM
	4) Tested whether it could be USB that some how corrupted the memory by disabling all external USB - no change
	5) Using GENERIC or custom kernel does not change anything

So I am at a loss - I see no errors under Windows or Linux - However the FreeBSD boot code after 2008/04/10 stops
in two different places randomly

	a) sometimes it stops just when loading the secondary boot loader
	b) sometimes the keyboard locks after typing 4-5 characters when using option 6

All the above errors seems to disapper if I use a full system compiled with the 2008/04/10 date