Re: Subversion documentation for the FreeBSD project?

From: Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:32:53 +0200
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Brooks Davis <brooks_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 06:45:03PM +0200, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
>> - Did you fixup the CVS repo-copies into real SVN renames?
> No, this is effectively impossible as there is no history of repocopies
> in cvs.

This is not entirely true, the cvs_at_ archive details almost all CVS
repo copies. There are also lots of forced commits to denote repo
copies. Yes, it would have to be a manual process, where you gather
(old, new, revision) tuples for the time of the repo copy (and perhaps
the branch?)
This file could then augment the conversion process and handle the CVS
files more intelligently.

I'm not volunteering and am happy with what's been done anyway. I'm
just against the "this can never ever been fixed, because the
information is totally lost" attitude.

Ciao,
Uli