Re: Anyone else seeing this (cvs wierdness)?

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:55:27 -0700
On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 04:12:08PM -0700, Peter Wemm wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 2:58 PM, David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Talk to the CVS developers (and read the bug report trail that lead to
> > this change).  This behavior is intended.  I'm not saying I care for it,
> > but its not a bug.
>
> It is a bug.  The old working behavior is what we've come to depend on
> and there is no replacement for the 'reset sticky tags and dates' mode
> that we *need*.

So /usr/bin/cvs should be just we we need for FreeBSD?  Weren't you
saying we shouldn't have a custom SVN client for FreeBSD use?  Folks
should use the "update -A" when they *need* to, not just out of habit as
a default argument if no -r or -D.

If you have ideas how to future relax the checks and not break semantics,
please let me know.  I've dealt with a use case Kris reported to me, and
the one you reported to me.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)