ata mode at startup

From: <phoemix_at_harmless.hu>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:56:35 +0200
Hello,

As known, FreeBSD sets the highest supported ATA mode, but sometimes it's
inproper, since the disk fails to work in this mode. This will be obsolate by
recent SATA drives, but PATA is still in use :)

I've though of the possibility of adding an "atamodetab" rc script, with which
the administrator could specify the disk modes to set on startup.

I've already got a sketch for this script that I use, but I'd like to ask, does
it worth the effort working on it a bit more, and adding it to the core OS? I
think this would be a quite useful feature to have.

 --
Sincerely,

Gergely CZUCZY
Harmless Digital Bt