Re: regression in HDA functionality

From: Joel Dahl <joel_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:52:16 +0200
Alexander Motin wrote:
> Gary Jennejohn wrote:
>  > With the old kernel it just works.
>
> Old kernel just was unable to support even a half of that what new one
> can. There was no SPDIF/HDMI, was no multi codec and multi device
> support, often was no recording.

But basic stuff like speakers and plugging in headphones "just worked"
with the old driver.  Your new driver may support much, much more
features, but we've seen an alarming numbers of complaints about basic
functionality being broken now (with the new driver).

Oh, and I'm not trying to flame your work.  It's great that we have
someone that takes care of this code, but I just can't help but think
that this driver should have gone through a few more iterations of
testing before entering the tree.

--
Joel