Re: regression in HDA functionality

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:49:13 +0200
Quoting "Alexander Motin" <mav_at_FreeBSD.org> (from Fri, 03 Oct 2008
01:30:13 +0300):

> In this specific case man has actually TWO sound cards in system:
> one with HDMI output and another with set of connectors on
> motherboard. Driver itself worked perfectly! It is not a driver
> problem that video card's codec was detected first by PCI bus while
> it's HDMI output is not connected!
>
> If you think that driver should have some additional logic in
> handling of such cases - describe it please. I don't see why driver
> should not use digital outputs or how independent soundcards should
> be ordered (actually it is not driver's business to enumerate
> soundcards).

Can you change the order of pcm devices from one soundcard? I
understand that you can not change the PCI probe order, but maybe the
order of pcm1-3 if pcm1-3 are on the same hardware.

If this is possible, it may be better to have the pcm device first
which is most likely used.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
	Why are you doing this to me?
	Because knowledge is torture, and there must be awareness before

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137