Re: regression in HDA functionality

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:27:27 +0300
Gary Jennejohn wrote:
>>> Can you change the order of pcm devices from one soundcard? I understand
>>> that you can not change the PCI probe order, but maybe the order of
>>> pcm1-3 if pcm1-3 are on the same hardware.
>> Generally it is possible.
>
> I think that in my case there's more to it than just the new HDA driver,
> but I might be wrong.
>
> With GENERIC from the 200809 snap HDMI was discovered _after_ the other
> devices, i.e. it was pcm1.  With the new kernel the discovery order
> was reversed, which seems to have led to my problems.

No, it's not. In your case HDMI port is different HDA codec placed on
different HDA controller, so driver unable to do anything with it's
enumeration. Previous driver could just fail attach when it has not
found there any analog connector on codec. Digital connectors support
was not implemented there.

--
Alexander Motin