Re: xorg loops

From: Alex Dupre <ale_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:21:10 +0200
Robert Noland ha scritto:
> The root of the issue is that there are just too many ways to configure
> input devices... Particularly mice.  Marcus, jkim and I have tried to
> make accommodations for all of the cases, but it gets rather tricky.
> Users can have mice configured using psm0, ums0, (serial even), moused
> and we have to be able to figure out if they are statically configured
> in X or not, based on whether or not X has already opened one of the
> file descriptors.  Based on analyzing all of that, we decide whether or
> not to advertise to X that it should attach the device.

Thanks for your work and explanation.

> If you are using moused, then hald *should* recognize that and
> advertise /dev/sysmouse to X.  Additional input devices, get added via
> moused and hald knows that /dev/sysmouse is already opened by X, so it
> shouldn't re-advertise the same port again.

Actually I have a common USB mouse. xorg.conf contains the following
section (autogenerated by "X -configure"):

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

moused is not enabled in rc.conf, but the following process is started
at boot by devd:

/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto -I /var/run/moused.ums0.pid

I think this is one of the most common scenario. I use kdm from
/etc/ttys, but it shouldn't be related, since I did tests with "X
-config" from terminal console with the same results.
Is it normal that hal-device doesn't show any mouse?

--
Alex Dupre