Re: Getting crashdumps to work (trying to submit crash report)

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:45:58 +0200
> hopefuly a bit BIGGER than ram size... not by much but exactly equal
> wouldn't work..

It's actually very close to RAM size unfortunately (since I didn't
know about the not-on-gmirror/gstripe/etc limitation when setting it
up I didn't really care about making each individual dump dev
larger). But my understanding has been that one expects some bios
reservation anyway.

In any case:

% dumpon -v /dev/ad16s1b || echo fail
kernel dumps on /dev/ad16s1b

Should not dumpon be complaining if it is considered too small? I
definitely did check dumpon output last time when I thought I fixed
the problem (I meant dumpon, not dumpdev, in my other post - sorry).

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org