Re: Getting crashdumps to work (trying to submit crash report)

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:48:47 +0200
> Forgot to add, try toggling the value of debug.minidump.

Might there be a fear that having minidumps enabled may cause a
failure to dump because it is more dependent on kernel data
structures?

> You might also want to try dumping in the debugger to see if the
> infrastructure you have is able to work at all. Break to the debugger
> (Ctrl-Alt-Esc at the console, or whatever you need to do for a serial
> terminal) and then at the prompt type:
>
> call doadump(0)
>
> If it works, you can then just type 'reboot' and make sure that
> savecore can do its job.

Thanks a lot! I'll try to get my hands on a PS/2 keyboard and
experiment with this.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org