questions about 8.0-RELEASE

From: Horst Günther Burkhardt III <horst_at_sxemacs.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:07:03 +1000
Ok.

So, I heard it on the 'tubes that 8.0 is in BETA atm, and will rock
pretty damned hard.

But, I have a few questions, being a PowerPC user, and also having some
disappointment with the state of things in 7.2 especially on this
platform.

First, has libm finally had the log2 functions defined in the C99 spec
added? (this is an issue dating back to 2005, standards/83845 )

Second, I'm aware that altivec support is implemented in -CURRENT, as of
some months ago, will this be stable enough for release?

Third (more a support question), what's a good and quick way to clean
out every port? I'll need to recompile everything (damn tier 2 ;))

Fourth, how is the new shared versioning meant to work?

Thanks in advance,

-- Horst.