Re: Linux NFS ate my bge

From: Chris Hedley <freebsd-current_at_chrishedley.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:35:07 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Daniel Nebdal wrote:

> Looking at my local webshop, an intel pro1000/GT is about $65. Not the
> very cheapest, but the other intel gbit cards I've used have been very
> good, and em(4) is a well-supported driver.

Thanks for the suggestion; it'll be nice to know I'm using a good, stable
driver (no disrespect to the bge folks, of course, as I understand that
the documentation provided was a bit lacking).  I've managed to find one
for £20, which is hopefully the correct one: it's a "BLK" designation but
its hardware specs look identical.

Of course I should be looking at a new motherboard at some point to
replace this rather elderly thing, especially as my SATA controllers are
equally flaky, but that's a subject for a new thread!

And now to follow Matthew's recommendation to use TCP connections for my
NFS...

Cheers!