Re: Do you use a value other than AUTO for network_interfaces?

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 17:48:52 -0500
On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 07:22:34AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > To repeat what I wrote earlier today on another list there's no need
> > to worry about hot plugged or newly added interfaces getting magically
> > configured to do dhcp or anything else[0].
>
> such as detected by services such as bind/unbound?

The rc system will do nothing with interfaces that don't pass the tests
I enumerated so if you don't have an ifconfig_<if> interface there won't
be any difference no matter how you set network_interfaces.  I'd be
rather supprised if bind did anything with interaces that weren't
configured with an address (or even up in the case of correctly
funtioning drivers).

-- Brooks