Re: [HEADS UP] Radeon r6/7xx drm code to be committed

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:25:43 +0100
Kip Macy wrote:
> I have an HD4850 and it works well. Unfortunately it is the one from
> ASUS where only one port does dual-link.
>
> -Kip
>
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus_at_eternamente.info> wrote:

>>> rv670 is what I'm testing on... I tried to put a few details in the
>>> commit message.
>>>
>>> Basically, for R600+ you have to force DRI on for the moment.  You
>>> should also be using exa.
>>>
>>> So, right now, I'm using radeonhd from git master, with :
>>>
>>>         Driver      "radeonhd"
>>>         VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
>>>         BoardName   "RV670PRO [Radeon HD 3850]"
>>>         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
>>>         Option      "DRI"
>>>         Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA"
>>>         Option      "Audio"
>>> EndSection
>>>
>>> robert.

>>> --
>>> Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>
>>> FreeBSD
>>>
>> I'm planning to move from nVidia to ATi, and all this work is what makes
>> me do that. This code you're talking about, would benefit a HD4850 ?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> matheus
>>
>> --
>> We will call you cygnus,
>> The God of balance you shall be

I use a MSI HD4830 on a UP FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 box with

Driver   "radeon"

from ports/xorg-7.4. Without EXA and DRI the graphics card works well,
but when enabling EXA and/or DRI, system goes mustang. Ctrl-Alt-FX
doesn't bring back a console, the tty is 'blinking' as it looks like the
X server tries to start and fails.

On another box, running FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/amd64, but SMP and MSI
HD4670, with EXA and DRI enabled the whole box crashes immediately when
therefore ending the Xserver kills the box, the OS dies and coredumps or
hangs forever with a tiled screen showing 3 rows of 6 columns of the
console screen on a 20,1 inch TFT.