Re: Is iwn drivers working on Current ?

From: David Horn <dhorn2000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:54:15 -0400
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Olivier Cochard-Labbé
<olivier_at_freenas.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>> Questions to help see if you are seeing the same problem:
>>
>> 1)  Do you have ipv6_enabled="yes" in rc.conf ?
>
> Yes, if I comment this line and reboot, my new error messages are still:
>
> iwn0: error, INTR=2000000<SW_ERROR> STATUS=0x0
> iwn0: iwn_config: configure command failed, error 35
> iwn0: iwn_init_locked: could not configure device, error 35
> iwn0: iwn_config: configure command failed, error 35
> iwn0: iwn_init_locked: could not configure device, error 35

Since you disabled ipv6, and still have the issue, then ipv6/rtsol
accessing iwn0 instead of wlan0 is not the issue for your instance.

I just replicated your problem with a new set of rc.conf variables on
iwn0 including:

ifconfig_wlan0="country US WPA DHCP" instead of my default:
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP".   I will dig a bit further and see if I can
understand any reason for the country ifconfig setting to cause this
issue (error 35 at boot), but it smells like a bug to me.

Will your wireless card function for you without the "country FR" setting ?
Give it a try regardless of functionality, just to see if the error 35
goes away.

I also notice that attempting to set the country parameter on the
wlanX device after the interface is marked "UP" results in an error
message of SIOCS80211: Device busy

In any case, I suggest that it is time to file a PR.

Good Luck.

---Dave