Re: Final call for testers: TERM=xterm

From: Kurt Jaeger <lists_at_c0mplx.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:22:11 +0100
Hi!

> I'm not in a position to test this at the moment, but does this mean our
> console will now also "fold" paging/editor applications?
> I hate this feature with a passion on linux and I've unable to find out
> how to
> disable it, especially since the few linux machines I manage have no termcap
> or terminfo database on the places they say they should be.
> What I mean with folding is:
> root_at_www:~# man less
> Reformatting less(1), please wait...
> root_at_www:~#

For less, have a look at the "-X" flag:

Disables sending the termcap initialization and deinitialization
strings to the terminal.

In termcap/terminfo, you probably have to look for
the 'ti' and 'te' capabilities.

Basically, find the xterm termcap/terminfo source file, edit it
to change/delete ti/te and re-compile the source using tic.

Yes, someone should write a howto about this 8-}

--
pi_at_opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                        11 years to go !