Re: Final call for testers: TERM=xterm

From: Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.current_at_mailing.thruhere.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:31:43 +0100
Hi Ed,

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 11:12:07 Ed Schouten wrote:

> - Better compatibility with other operating systems.

I'm not in a position to test this at the moment, but does this mean our
console will now also "fold" paging/editor applications?
I hate this feature with a passion on linux and I've unable to find out how to
disable it, especially since the few linux machines I manage have no termcap
or terminfo database on the places they say they should be.
What I mean with folding is:
root_at_www:~# man less
Reformatting less(1), please wait...
root_at_www:~#

As you can see, no more less(1) manpage (it's not limited to less, vim etc as
well). When I change to vt100 terminal, this doesn't occur, hence my worry
about the above sentence in combination with $subject. IF this is going to be
the default, I would appreciate an rc.conf setting or at least an explanation
of what triggers this behavior and how to turn it off in the manpage, as
various quests in google have yielded neither information nor solution.
--
Mel