Re: WITHOUT_MODULES, does it actually work?

From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:44:52 -0300
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Ben Kelly <ben_at_wanderview.com> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2009, at 8:06 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
>
> > Ben Kelly wrote:
> >> It seems there are some left over bits then.  I have this in
> /usr/src/sys/modules/Makefile:
> >>
> >> .for reject in ${WITHOUT_MODULES}
> >> SUBDIR:= ${SUBDIR:N${reject}}
> >> .endfor
> >
> > Well it seems my search was not exhaustive.
> >
> > My recommendation then would be to file a src PR so that someone can
> > look into it. :)
>
> I've opened a doc PR for the bad example in the handbook and a conf PR for
> the patch to make WITHOUT_MODULES work from the kernel config file using
> makeoptions.  I haven't gotten PR numbers back from the system yet.

So, basically .. not only man make.conf and the handbook examples are wrong
.. WITHOUT_MODULES doesn't actually work :s

Thanks a lot for your research, testing, PR and patches Ben !
Please, should you be able to, I would like to know the PR number so I can
follow it.
Hope your patch makes it in and WITHOUT_MODULES works as expected :)

Best Regards
Gonzalo Nemmi