Re: ifconfig_IF_aliasX regression

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 09:15:13 +0200
Quoting Alex Dupre <ale_at_FreeBSD.org> (from Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:11:37 +0200):

> Alexander Leidinger ha scritto:
>> I know the setup should have been the second one from the beginning (at
>> least the manpage gives something like this as an example), but the
>> first one worked without problems. The problem is either that it
>> (silently?) fails, or that it is not documented in UPDATING. Anyone with
>> their hands there recently with an opinion about it?
>
> The change is recent, to unificate ipv4 and ipv6 rc code. We have
> ipv4_addrs_IF that uses the former syntax, but why not ipv6_addrs_IF, too?

Is this a question to me?

I already expected that this is some regression because of the IPv6
changes, but still: intended or not? If yes -> missing UPDATING entry.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
I saw a subliminal advertising executive, but only for a second.
		-- Steven Wright

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137