Funding ODD support

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 06:43:37 +0200
Hello,

I'm looking for somebody who has time and knowledge to fix ODD support
in FreeBSD.
I'm willing to sponsor a decent ammount.
My problem is that I can't use FreeBSD for any task in which CD or DVD
is involved.
What I want is read/write support for any ATAPI/S-ATA ODD regarding
ISO9660 and audio. Of course I'd love to have UDF support also, but for
the beginning I'd be glad if FreeBSD could boot with an inserted audio
CD. This has been a problem for more than two years now, and disabling
DMA support for ata devices isn't a satisfying solution.

So if you think ypu can fix this and make growisofs and cdrtools working
with ATAPI and SATA devices, please contact me.
If we have working ODD support in 8.0-release I'll donate 100 extra bucks.

Thanks,

-Harry