Re: Funding ODD support

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_at_mailplus.pl>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 00:26:50 -0700 (PDT)
Harald Schmalzbauer-7 wrote:

> Carlos A. M. dos Santos schrieb am 07.09.2009 16:32 (localtime):
>> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Harald
>> Schmalzbauer<h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for somebody who has time and knowledge to fix ODD support
>>> in
>>> FreeBSD.
>> [...]
>>
>> I'm not sure if such work should be funded by a separate bounty or by
>> the FreeBSD foundation. Anyway, I would happily donate some money for
>> improvements on the CD/DVD writing support. I'd like to see either an
>> improved version of burncd or some new tool provided by the base
>> system.
>
> I haven't done any "official application" because of my felt severity yet.
> For a long term project the FreeBSD foundation was the better way, I
> think.
> But I hoped somebody would be able to fix it before 8.0-RELEASE, which
> is not too far away.
> I just got one more reply from another fellow willing to donate for
> fixing ODD support, but no reply from any coder yet...
>
> All in all, not much response.
> It seems the ones using ODDs are considering the problems as quiet
> severe, but it also seems there are not many fellows missing working ODD
> support.
> Is the media itself really outdated? I haven't done any blu-ray
> experiments under FreeBSD yet, but I can't imagine things are working
> better with that media.
>
> So for now the pot is about 500 bucks.
> Anyone to pick up?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Harry

Hello.

I think you should be more specific about your problems,
for most people present ODD support is working.

For the record, I just rebooted with audio cd inserted,
without problem. (some cam errors, I'm using ahci)

http://pastebin.com/m1359b95d

and ripped track from that cd.

http://pastebin.com/m187d2d17

-best regards,