Watchdog resets on 82575

From: Jack Vogel <jfvogel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:15:13 -0700
If you have this adapter and have been getting watchdogs you need to pick up
the small
update I checked into HEAD today. When I added the SR-IOV support for the
82576
adapter I removed a call to set the MAC type in an early routine, thinking
it was unnecessary,
since a slightly later shared code init does the same thing. I also saw no
problem when
I did this on the 82576.... well, it did have a bad effect that I did not
notice, the slightly
later call, igb_setup_msix() did not have the mac set and this resulted in
the 82575
creating more queues than it is really able to handle.

So, bottom line, this is a critical fix for 82575:   SVN rev 210968

Cheers,

Jack