Re: ZFS will gone,FreeBSD will import btrfs?

From: Olivier Smedts <olivier_at_gid0.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:34:58 +0200
2010/8/17 Artem Belevich <fbsdlist_at_src.cx>:
>> But did they close the sources too ?
>> I mean, they have a VCS, can we still access it and download the ZFS source files ?
>
> If I understand Oracle's announcement correctly, sources would still
> be available. The change is that they will stop publishing them
> near-real-time and would release them after corresponding features
> appear in official Solaris release.
>
>> Did they also relicense them ?
> Quote:
> ====================================
> We will not remove the CDDL from any files in Solaris to which it
> already applies, and new source code files that are created will
> follow the current policy regarding applying the CDDL (simply, that
> usr/src files will have the CDDL, and the very small minority of files
> in usr/closed might not have it)
> ====================================
>
> The way I read it ZFS will still be available under CDDL.

Great. That would mean : no change for ZFS in FreeBSD. If Oracle
implements the long-awaited block pointer rewrite feature, we'll be
able to import it :)
I hope they will continue working on it, even if they have btrfs...

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."