Re: Call for Test and Review: bwn(4) - another Broadcom Wireless driver

From: Gustavo Perez Querol <gperez_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 18:08:05 +0200 (CEST)

> Hello Gustau, I'm so sorry for belated response that I had no time to
> read and work email and wireless stuffs.
>
> Could you please test this symptom with attached patch?  It looks in
> CURRENT it missed to initialize a ratectl when it associates with AP.

  The patch made the machine to panic. I think it happened when launching
the supplicant. In fact, right now it works by putting the RF switch to
OFF. As soon as I change it to ON the machine panics.

  It get a trap 12, with two reasons : page fault and "bufwrite, buffer is
not busy?"

  I'm running 9.0/AMD64 from 1 of May (don't know exact svn revision).

  Do you want me to test anything else ?

  Regards,

  Gustau