Re: http://www.freebsd.org/marketing/os-comparison.html

From: Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 22:58:29 +0300
27.08.2011 22:13, Hartmann, O. wrote:
> This website should be brushed up or taken offline!
> It seems full of vintage stuff from glory days.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/marketing/os-comparison.html

I think this one would better look like list of major features with os
comparison, like:

= Networking =
  * IPv6: major support, best stack around.
  * SCTP: full kernel implementation, still no userland support (i.e.
ssh doesn't work over sctp by default yet).

= Data storage =
  * ZFS: full support, datasets, compression, dedup, other stuff. Linux
has LVM (?features...) and btrfs (?unstable.. ?features..), Windows has
dynamic disks since XP (?features).

= SMP =
  * (?something about comparing other shedulers with SCHED_ULE), (?some
rt stuff), (?some comparison with other interesting shedulers, like
DragonflyBSD and QNX).

  If that page would be updated at least monthly giving fair comparison
with other os'es it could serve a big pros list for preferring FreeBSD
over other systems.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.