Re: http://www.freebsd.org/marketing/os-comparison.html

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:24:59 +0100
On 29/08/2011 20:58, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
> = SMP =
>  * (?something about comparing other shedulers with SCHED_ULE), (?some
> rt stuff), (?some comparison with other interesting shedulers, like
> DragonflyBSD and QNX).

 From a recent post to -questions:

"Alas, during a recent kernel build, I used the -j2 command line option
in "make" and watched as the scheduler repeatedly assigned two instances
of cc (the most CPU-intensive program) to the same core."

I'm not sure this is something we're really better at, unfortunately: I
know I've watched Windows really grok multi-socket, multi-core
HyperThreaded systems and prefer real cores on the same NUMA node when
running a multi-threaded application, whereas it seems FreeBSD struggles
sometimes.

--
Bruce Cran