Re: r228700 can't dhclient em0

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:43:21 +0100
On 2011-12-20 09:38, Doug Barton wrote:
> I tried replacing both ifconfig and dhclient with the versions that were
> built along with the new kernel, and that didn't work.

Looking at the changes in r228571, it seems they also affect libc, so
installing that is probably also needed.  Since all my test systems are
already upgraded to post-r228571, can somebody please confirm it works
after doing:

make -C $srcdir/lib/libc install
make -C $srcdir/sbin/dhclient install
make -C $srcdir/sbin/ifconfig install

> The traditional (and documented) upgrade process for many years has been
> to boot the new kernel, make sure it's Ok, then update world. Obviously
> something different is needed this time, so it needs an UPDATING entry
> (assuming that all this is not just a bug).

Well, if there *is* any method of getting your network working before
installworld, it should be added to UPDATING... :)