Re: VM images for FreeBSD

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:22:53 +0100
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:31:51PM +0200, Alexander Yerenkow wrote:
> 2011/12/19 Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Hm, so this lets us create a virtualbox image from what, a set of
> > install tarballs? Or /usr/src build?
> >
> > I'm using cross-build and installation from sources dir (which is after
> that got svn-up'ed and all goes again).
> It shouldn't be complex to install to image from installation media and/or
> tarballs, but mine main idea is to have rolling image for making some
> automated tests.
> Currently I'm establishing building and providing images scheme, will do
> images with KMS+small graphical programs, with qt+unstable KDE, and
> probably with BHyVe. I think that's most useful setups currently. And maybe
> some image for benchmarking :)

FYI I have been working on a ova file generator for the release, I manage to
create ova images that do work on VirtualBox without problems, there are still
some problems with vmware for now, the goal is to have a standard vm ready image
(ova is standard) that would work on every system that do support it.

the image can be easily created from the release.

regards,
Bapt