no X after installing xorg + xfce

From: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:35:52 -0500
Dear folks,

I hope this is the correct list to post this message.

I have successfully installed FreeBSD-9.0-BETA2 to an amd64 bit
machine, I have used the ports to install xfce and xorg.  When I type
startx, I get a screen with a bunch of colors no mouse, no keyboard,
just colors.  The machine has nvidia onboard graphics.  I am trying to
get kernel sources installed via sysinstall to install nvidia-driver
but I can't get anywhere from any ftp site I select at random.  I have
updated to latest sources available on the ports and it comes up the
same.  I have to use the nv driver, should I try the nouveau driver?
What should I do?  I want to help in testing and have no way to report
bugs as without X there's not much one can do :(

Thanks for advice/suggestions/comments.  I am successfully running
FreeBSD 8.2 amd64 on three machines two at home and one at work in
case it is important/relevant in the thread.

Regards,

Antonio