Re: FreeBSD development audio system: KLANG

From: Taku YAMAMOTO <taku_at_tackymt.homeip.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 20:50:41 +0900
I think it should be forwarded to -multimedia_at_.
Other than that, it's nice to hear about!

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:13:56 +0200
"O. Hartmann" <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> A few days ago, I stumbled into sthis at Phoronix:
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTE1NzY

The above link didn't work for me...

> KLANG is supposed to be an exchange audio system for the kernel,
> replacing several userland backed systems. Phoronix also claims this
> approach is supposed to support the FreeBSD kernel and yes, I'd like to
> see something been developed not even for Linux these days.
>
> On the website of KLANG, located here,
>
> http://klang.eudyptula.org/
>
> I couldn't find much of information regarding FreeBSD.
>
> But I'd like to draw attention towards this for FreeBSD people, if they
> didn't already have noticed. It is like in science - no spreading of
> informations makes it hard to discover what's going on ...
>

> I'm not sorry for the noise,

Don't worry, generating a noise is the primary goal for sound systems :)

--
-|-__   YAMAMOTO, Taku
 | __ <     <taku_at_tackymt.homeip.net>

      - A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs. -