Re: 9.1-RC3 AMD64 reproducible kernel panic

From: Chuck Burns <break19_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 14:10:21 -0600
On 12/7/2012 12:31 PM, CeDeROM wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> After days of problem with my system storage (?) I think I have located the
> issue, or at least I am able to reproduce it, please take a look at
> attached picture (photo of a crash).
>
> At first I thought that was the Ext2 filesystem issue, but then I have
> replaced the filesystem to UFS2-SU+J (which increased transfer efficiency
> and dramatically reduced filesystem check time compared to Ext2) but the
> issue persisted. This problem occurs also when only / is mounted (no
> additional storage locations only the OS). This can mean there is a
> corruption on / that is marked clean.
>
> Right now I am not sure if this is storage related anymore... there is
> however some note on ffs double alloc. Crash occurs after I start Xorg
> (Kde3 WM, all packages installed from binary packages with portinstall).
> Please let me know if you need additional information/tests :-)
>
> Best regards :-)
> Tomek

I could be blind, but I do not see any attachment.  Best to upload it to
an image-sharing site, and then post the link anyway.

How have you ruled out a hardware issue? Just because it works fine
under another OS doesn't necessarily mean that the hardware is fine,
just that other OS may not probe/use/access it in exactly the same manner.

--
Chuck Burns <break19_at_gmail.com>