Re: Problems with iconv in base and static linking

From: Trond Endrestøl <Trond.Endrestol_at_fagskolen.gjovik.no>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 08:18:17 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:49+0200, Dimitry Andric wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While packaging my just-rebuilt ports today, I noticed a strange message
> occurring during the package creation stage:
>
> $ sudo make -C /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg repackage
> ===>  Building package for pkg-1.1.4_1
> Creating package for pkg-1.1.4_1

> Service unavailable

I'd just like to voice my opinion over the mostly meaningless error
message. It's an insult to us users, and us system administrators in
particular. Please do better by providing error messages that
adequately explains what went wrong. Now that's an idea for GSoC. ;-)

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |