Re: x220 notes

From: Andrey Fesenko <f0andrey_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 04:14:01 +0300
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Thomas Mueller
<mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Excerpt from Andrey Fesenko <f0andrey_at_gmail.com>:
>
>> And other problems.
>> 1) wi-fi
>> standart rtl8192cu - not work
>> change AR5B95 - work n-mode (thanks Adrian Chadd :) need hack BIOS
>> dev.acpi_ibm.0.wlan: 1 <- read only
>> hardware switch work, not send mesage
>
> What did you try to make rtl8192cu work?  Did you try NDIS?
>
> I have Hiro USB wireless adapter with rtl8191s chip, am still trying, on and
> off, to get it to work.
>
> OpenBSD has urtwn driver that should work, ported to NetBSD, but why not
> FreeBSD?  ALso, there is a Linux driver.
>
> Tom

NDIS failed to raise working version. Win driver terrible ~5 firmware and other.

urtwn such as usb devices and no porting FreeBSD only dirty hack
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-wireless/2012-November/002539.html

just wanted to get wi-fi n-mode :) actively developed now like only ath.