Re: problem after installkernel going from 9.0 to CURRENT

From: Robert Huff <roberthuff_at_rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 15:03:36 -0500
On 1/2/2013 1:57 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2013, Robert Huff wrote:

> For a full clean install, I believe that bsdinstall should prompt about
> installing bootcode around here.  I don't really understand from your
> procedure how bsdinstall was used; there might be some edge case where
> there is no prompt about bootcode.
>
>>     2) Installed off the 9.0 CD, got it up and running, everything was
>> good.

	Let me elaborate on this:

	2) Installed off the 9.0 CD, had a fully bootable system connected to
the Internet, everything was good.

> I think you should investigate the 'bootcode' subcommand of gpart(8).

	Does the above change things?
	It was my expectation "installkernel" would Do The Right Thing with
respect to new bootcode, and I am surprised it did not.

	Respectfully,

			Robert Huff