Re: [HEADSUP] No more pkg_install on HEAD by default

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:42:05 +0200
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:52:19PM +0000, Teske, Devin wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just committed (r253305) a change the make pkg_install not being built
> > and installed by default on HEAD.
> >
> > If you are still relying on it, be careful and add WITH_PKGTOOLS=yes in your
> > src.conf(5)
>
> I think while a good move, we need to allow a window of development to re-work other HEAD components.
>
> It might also be worth developing a lint-tool to make sure we get every last instance (both from C code and sh code) within our base before we motion to cut a release with this change.
>
> I for one am effected and will have to change things.
>
> Can you point us at a guide (or even better, a Wiki) that can smooth the process?

I have already pointed you to such resources a couple of time before you started
working on the package management part of bsdconfig. May I remember you that at
this time I have recommanded you to directly work on the pkgng version? I have
also explained you 2 or 3 times at least what is a catalog in pkgng how it works
what pkg query and pkg rquery will give you as a script writter.

Bapt