Re: dhclient failure with Realtek 8111E Ethernet on new MSI motherboard

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:48:47 +0000
For a future test of any updates to re driver, it might be best if I comment out "device re" in kernel config and test the update by building the module.

I never built just a single module before, not sure if I would do it the correct way.

Simply "make" in /usr/src/sys/modules/re
and then "make install" or copy the resulting module files?

Maybe check the kernel source in NetBSD-current source tree?

I am not sure how to configure an Ethernet connection without DHCP or even if it would work.

Tom