Re: what is the status of KMS support in newcons?

From: John Reynolds <johnjen_at_reynoldsnet.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 18:01:58 -0700
On 09/19/13 16:23, Aleksandr Rybalko wrote:
> Hello John! I can't say anything about Haswell support, but newcons
> works, sometimes :) Just not now. I've currently doing some redesign,
> so it is broken last week. Hope I will done something for wide testing
> in a week or so, but I'm afraid it will not be fully done to be
> shipped with 10.0. I will let you and others to know when something
> will happen :) Thanks!
I'm currently running 9.x and have no plans (at the moment) to run
-current or move to 10.0. I assume this will be MFC'ed (or whatever the
current term is these days :) into 9x? Also for anybody "in the know"
out there, I thought I'd understood from a thread about 6 weeks ago that
"fixed KMS" support was going to be integral for getting haswell
graphics to work with the intel X driver. Is there anybody out there
(yet) that is running on a haswell system that has gotten the native
driver to work? Right now I'm still stuck using the VESA driver. Is
anybody working on it? I bought the system figuring that it was SO new
that things wouldn't work so it wasn't much of a shock, but we're 3+
months into the life of the new hardware ..... just figured that there
was probably work going on to make things supported, and if so can
somebody share the progress made?

Thanks,

-JR