Re: what is the status of KMS support in newcons?

From: Aleksandr Rybalko <ray_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 02:23:07 +0300
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:46:50 -0700
John Reynolds <johnjen_at_reynoldsnet.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was just wondering what the status of KMS support with newcons is?
> About 6 weeks ago I got some help on x11_at_ and much was said about KMS
> (and the lack of support for the 'newer' Haswell graphics). somebody
> mentioned that one of the problems where the "console goes away" once
> you fire up X was that the console driver didn't support KMS, so you
> could never really successfully alt-Ctrl-bksp and kill X (or exit
> cleanly) and get back to your VT. Word was said that this problem was
> being worked on and hopefully would get brought in towards the "tail
> end of august."
>
> So, am just wondering what the status of that project is?
>
> thanks,
>
> -Jr

Hello John!

I can't say anything about Haswell support, but newcons works,
sometimes :) Just not now.
I've currently doing some redesign, so it is broken last week.
Hope I will done something for wide testing in a week or so, but I'm
afraid it will not be fully done to be shipped with 10.0.

I will let you and others to know when something will happen :)

Thanks!
--
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray_at_freebsd.org>