Re: libinit idea

From: Lucius Rizzo <Lucius.Rizzo_at_Lucius.XxX>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:22:32 +0000
* Andreas Nilsson <andrnils_at_gmail.com> [2014-02-23 09:33]:
> Imho, the replacement to init and rc-scripts I sometimes think about
> would be to import SMF from opensolaris/illumos. There one can at
> least get the commands run and config used without looking at the
> source code.

I like SMF from Solaris 11 onwards and even SmartOS. However, I have
found to like systemd and use via systemctl on Arch far nicer than any
other rc scripts to date.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the pros and cons of something
like systemd the way Arch does?

--

++ Q:	How many Bell Labs Vice Presidents does it take to change a light bulb? ++
++ A:	That's proprietary information.  Answer available from AT&T on payment ++
++                       	of license fee (binary only). ++