Re: libinit idea

From: Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd_at_bluerosetech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:33:30 -0800
On 2/23/2014 10:31 AM, Freddie Cash wrote:
> The main developer for systemd is very anti-portability and anti-!Linux. He
> had actively rejected patches that made his projects work on non-Linux
> systems. In order to port systemd to a non-Linux system, he wants you to
> first implement every Linux feature that systemd uses.
>
> systemd is a non-starter, and not with considering.

It's pretty clear Lennart Poettering failed history.

Perhaps the best examples of why systemd is an anti-pattern is this:
systemd stores logs in a binary journal.  After the Linux zealots have
spent about two decades using binary system data storage as one of the
reasons Windows sucks, that strikes me as particularly ironic.

The RC system we have is proof you do not need anything more than bourne
and a respectable amount of intelligence to design a good init system.